http://www.apple.com/iphone/?afid=p238|sGb7nPCg2-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_117729694927_&cid=aos-us-kwg-iphone-slid-
iphones are especially popular and have been for the past few years. Having the latest best model of iphone is what is popular now. This is a "insider" form of social currency because if you have this latest greatest phone you are part of the "in" group.
https://www.facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty/videos
Another hot thing in pop culture now are those tasty videos that pop up on your facebook feed. I love those videos and I want to try all of the recipes, yet I have never tried one. These videos are "remarkable" because they look so delicious and grab your attention in such a short period of time..
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33486177
A thid hot topic in our popular culture would be changing your diet to vegan or gluten free. It seems like a lot of people are doing this lately and not necessarily because they have to. It is the next latest greatest trend to be healthy by going gluten free or the paleo diet etc. I would say this falls into the "insider" category. You feel like part of a group when you chose the same diet as others.
No comments:
Post a Comment